This episode features highlights from the August 7th First Friday gallery openings in Downtown Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City, and Manitou Springs Creative District – plus the debut of Curbside Culture and a performance by My Name Is Harriett! Full information about all First Friday events can be found on www.PeakRadar.com.
On this episode:
- 2:35 – The Modbo reopens tonight in the Arts Alley District! We talk to gallerist Lauren Ciborowski and featured artists in the show “Modern Storytellers,” JayCee Beyale and Gregg Deal.
- 13:20 – Manager Kenny Idleman shows us around the beautiful Squash Blossom gallery in Old Colorado City.
- 21:15 – We learn about the new “Curbside Culture” program of the Cultural Office from Executive Director, Andy Vick, and one of the dynamic roster artists, Harriett Landrum. (Full details are at PeakRadar.com/CurbsideCulture.)
- 32:30 – We savor a gorgeous performance by “My Name is Harriett”!
- 37:55 – Our on-the-street correspondent Jennifer DeDominici visits one of the new artworks in “Art on the Streets” 2020.
- 42:30 – Lincoln Rose Gallery opens tonight on Boulder Ave.! We hear about gallerist Amanda Jean’s vision for the space.
- 49:40 – Our on-the-street correspondent Jennifer DeDominici visits another of the new works in Art on the Streets 2020 and inspires everyone to check out the full public art exhibit.
Peak Radar Live features live interviews, performances, behind-the-scenes access, sneak previews and personal tours highlighting the rich cultural life of the Pikes Peak region of Colorado. It has been hosted by Angela Seals of the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region since 2016, now with production by Studio 809, alongside a rotating array of special guests from the local arts and cultural scene. (See over 70 videos of the local arts community at Peak Radar’s YouTube page.) Connect to hundreds of events, cultural guides, and creative initiatives year-round at PeakRadar.com.