Aubergine offers an intimate look at the ways that heritage, food, and family can transcend language to share love across all kinds of barriers.
Korean-American chef Ray, cares for his dying father but struggles to connect with the man who never understood his life’s calling in the kitchen. When his uncle arrives unannounced to cook an unexpected last meal, they share more in food than they ever could in words. This poignant play explores food as nourishment, not only to the body, but also to our individual heritage and shared humanity.
Performed in English and Korean, and supertitled in both languages, Aubergine offers an intimateView more
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Feb 2, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Feb 3, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Feb 4, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
- Feb 4, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Feb 5, 2023 at 04:00 pm (Sun)
- Feb 9, 2023 at 10:00 am (Thu)
- Feb 9, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Feb 10, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Feb 11, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
- Feb 11, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Feb 12, 2023 at 04:00 pm (Sun)
- Feb 16, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Feb 17, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Feb 18, 2023 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
- Feb 18, 2023 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Feb 19, 2023 at 04:00 pm (Sun)
Additional time info:
Opening Sunday Framing Panel
- Sunday, February 5th, 2:30 - 3:30p in the Dusty Loo Bon Vivant Theatre
- Join us before the first Sunday performance for a panel with scholars, community members, and artists to contextualize Aubergine.
- Saturday matinees following the show on February 4th, 11th, and 18th.
- Join other members of the audience and community leaders to discuss themes and responses of Aubergine.
Thursday Pre-Show Scholar Chats
- Thursdays from 6:45-7:15p in the Murray and Betty Ross Lobby
- Join us before the show on Thursdays for informal discussions with artists, designers, scholars, and community members for informal conversations about Aubergine.
Feb 2nd: Designer Chat
Feb 9th: Scholar Chat
Feb 16th: Scholar Chat
- 2nd Sunday matinee after the show, Feb. 12th
- Stay after the show on Sundays to hear from our actors about their artistic process, and the experience of working on Aubergine.
5225 N Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80918