Bighorn Sheep Day
Please note, this event has expired.
Kids of all ages can see our state mammal in its natural habitat, learn fascinating animal facts and make crafts.
Join us for the 14th Annual Bighorn Sheep Day.
Look for bighorns in their natural habitat through our high-power telescopes.
There will be bighorn presentations and door prizes as well as guided nature walks, children’s activities and crafts, and live zoo animals.
Don’t forget your binoculars. It’s a full day of free family fun!
Examples of activities:
- Guided Nature Walks in the Park–the Central Garden Trail-head from Parking lot #2
- Wildlife Viewing Stations on the Visitor Center Terrace or Take the Free Shuttle to Offsite Viewing Area at the Mesa Road
- Youth Crafts
Presentations in the Red Rocks Room:
- An Active Bighorn Survival Game for Youth 6+ and Adults.
- Bighorn Sheep of the Garden of the Gods
- Cheyenne Mtn. Zoo Presents “Animal Jobs” with live animals
- Rampart Range Bighorns (our local heard)
Activities are subject to change.
Brought to you by Visit Colorado Springs, City of Colorado Springs and Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center.
1805 N 30th St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Parking on premises.