CALL FOR ARTISTS: Auditions for A Christmas Carol
Please note, this event has expired.
ACT II is proud to announce auditions for our upcoming main stage production of A Christmas Carol!
The Academy of Community Theatre (ACT II) is a non-profit theatre designed to bring wholesome, educational, high-quality theatre to the local schools and the community.
We not only invest in the actors in the show, but we also serve those who attend the show.
Auditions are being held May 6-10, with rehearsals to begin on August 4th. Anyone from 6-years-old through adults may audition.
- Audition (30 minutes): A maximum of 5 people will be scheduled for each 30 minute audition time.
- Acting Audition: Memorize 1 character from 1 acting scene in the audition materials tab.
- Vocal Audition: If you are interested in auditioning for a solicitor/quartet singer, please prepare the scene and 32 bars from any Christmas carol.
- Bring your completed audition form, your consent form and a recent photo of you to your audition.
- By May 14, you will receive an email letting you know if you are being called back for a second audition or not.
- (If you are not called back, you are not in the running to be cast.)
- Callbacks will be held on May 18 (Saturday) from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (We will be calling back actors in groups depending upon the roles for which they are being considered. Those who are called back will be given a schedule for the day and acting scenes to read over.)
- The show will be cast by May 20. All performers who are called back will receive an email announcing if they were cast or not.
- There will be a cast and parent meeting on May 21 at from 5:00-7:30 PM in the studio. If cast, your tuition payment will be due at this time.
- Once cast, each performer will schedule a 30-minute costume fitting & makeup matching appointment for May 22-23.
481 Windchime Place, Colorado Springs, CO 80919