Take two painters, a potter, and a glass artist and give them a gallery space to fill. This is what happened for “Eclectic Expressions.”
Frances Dodd calls herself a contemporary impressionist. Vibrant and imaginative color, whether in oil or pastel, plays a vital role in her work which spans the genres of landscape and abstracts.
Her paintings exude energy and vitality with boldly applied pigment to present her unique vision and interpretation.
Kay Hall, glass artist, works in fused glass and mosaic art. Many of her works include upcycled/reclaimed glass. Sometimes it’s heated and reformed in a kiln, other times its used cold with glue and grout to create small pieces of work on light switch covers.
Josie Quick is a potter who is also a professional musician. Her work includes a process she calls “Zen pots” as well as saggar fired pottery.
Josie writes, “the element of chance and spontaneity intrigues me. In music the art you produce is a fleeting moment, as soon as you play a note its history. The music I play is improvised, it’s unique to that moment. The saggars are like that, they capture a moment in the kiln. The Zen pots are also spontaneous, capturing the inspiration of that moment.”
Mariya Zvonkovich’s paintings reflects the charged rhythms, vibrations and energy—the very magic of our universe and our participation in the creative process.
This is sure to be an invigorating show, just right to usher us through the slow Rocky Mountain transition from winter to spring.
Contact: (719) 685-1008
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Mar 21, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Thu)
- Mar 22, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Fri)
- Mar 23, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Sat)
- Mar 24, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Sun)
- Mar 25, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Mon)
- Mar 26, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Tue)
- Mar 27, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Wed)
- Mar 28, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Thu)
- Mar 29, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Fri)
- Mar 30, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Sat)
Additional time info:
First Friday ArtWalk and Opening March 1 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
102 Canon Ave, Manitou Springs, CO 80829