El Paso County Search and Rescue Benefit Golf Tournament
Please note, this event has expired.
The Third Annual El Paso County Search and Rescue (EPCSAR) Benefit Golf Tournament will raise money for essential search and rescue activities.
We are looking for golfers and sponsors who will partner with us to raise money for essential search and rescue activities!
El Paso County Search and Rescue, a non-profit 501(c) corporation, is a mountain search and rescue unit dedicated to saving lives through search, rescue, and mountain safety education.
The team is composed totally of volunteers and is available upon request to help mountain search and rescue missions anywhere in Colorado or adjoining states. The team is also available to provide information and lectures on mountain safety for individuals and groups.
The EPCSAR team prides itself on many years of humanitarian service and a reputation for capability and safety.
In addition to training extensively in mountaineering skills and search and rescue techniques, members work diligently to improve their emergency medical capability. Most members are First Responder certified, many are Emergency Medical Technicians, and a few are working paramedics or physicians.
EPCSAR receives no monetary support from federal, state, or local governments and is funded solely through public donations and grants. In short, EPCSAR consists of non-paid professionals and there is never a charge for finding or rescuing people in need.
Important tournament information:
- Entry into Fort Carson will be via Gate 5 at 6:30 a.m. Participants will need a driver’s license to enter. Proper Golf attire is required.
- Registration at the course will begin at 6:45 a.m. Participants will receive a gift bag, mulligan tickets purchased online, starting hole number, and a complimentary breakfast sandwich. Mulligan tickets and raffle entries are also available at the check in tables. The shotgun start will be at 8 a.m.
- There will be beer available via kegs located at the front and back nines. The beer has been provided by RMC Distributing Company and Modern Technology Solutions Inc.
- This tournament is a standard scramble tournament. All players tee off and then choose the best drive. All players hit from that point. The same process is repeated for all subsequent shots/putts. For more game play rules, visit official website.
- There will be food and beverages after golf under the pavilion, weather permitting. If there is bad weather, the celebration will be held inside. Prizes will be awarded during lunch.
7800 Titus Blvd, Fort Carson, CO 80913