Ethnicity Testing: Why Is My Indian Princess Wearing a Kilt?
Please note, this event has expired.
Learn what your DNA test’s ethnicity results mean for you and your genealogical research.
- A brief DNA for refresher
- Our paleolithic kin: Neanderthals and Denisovans
- Migration patterns of our ancient ancestors using Y-DNA, mtDNA, and atDNA
- Interpreting “ethnicity” reports – what is ethnicity?
- What do atDNA biogeographical admixture (“ethnicity”) reports tell us?
- Why is the report different from what I was told by me family? How does atDNA recombination effect the results?
- Which companies report is right?
- If time is available: Walk through of AncestryDNA, 23andMe, and LivingDNA
Experience level: Beginner, but some knowledge of and experience with DNA testing is good.
20 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903