Please Note: This event has expired.
Ethnicity Testing: Why Is My Indian Princess Wearing a Kilt?
Nov 21 2019
Learn what your DNA test’s ethnicity results mean for you and your genealogical research.
Pikes Peak Genealogical Society presentation by Dr. Greg Liverman will include:
- A brief DNA for refresher
- Our paleolithic kin: Neanderthals and Denisovans
- Migration patterns of our ancient ancestors using Y-DNA, mtDNA, and atDNA
- Interpreting "ethnicity" reports - what is ethnicity?
- What do atDNA biogeographical admixture ("ethnicity") reports tell us?
- Why is the report different from what I was told by me family? How does atDNA recombination effect the results?
- Which companies report is
PPLD: Penrose Library
20 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903