Please Note: This event has expired.
Functional Knife Skills
Knife to Meet You.
It’s a brand new knife skills class! In this class, Cortney is going to review the basics: knife grips, cuts, terms and what type of knife to use for what. But then we move onto the good stuff! Specifics about how to cut different types of items and exactly how to do it at home. Did you know that about 90% of the time you’re going to cut a fruit or veggie with the way that it grows? Learn tips like this and more. This class will help you feel more confident and also make you more efficient.
What we’ll cut:
- How to cut an onion: Dice vs julienne. And all of those tips and tricks to stop the crying!
- How to cut a pepper: You may have seen it on TV. Learn how to cut a bell pepper with the rolling method. Your life will never be the same!
- Large Fruit: The big roll-ey things. Cortney will show you how to break them down like a pro. No more juice dripping down your counter while you
- wrestle with a sticky, dangerous fruit!
- Carrots/Zucchini: Long round things…Just what is the easiest way to break them down. Now you’ll know!
- Mirepoix Practice: Now that you know HOW to cut them, how consistent can you get? We’ll cut down some mirepoix and see how we do!
- Plus, Cortney will find a fun seasonal surprise for us to tackle
2011 West Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80904