Homeschool Day: History of ISS and Year in Review
We offer educator-led Science On a Sphere® presentations and hands-on science activities linked to learning about space travel and the universe, but Homeschool Days are self-guided events designed for families to enjoy and learn together.
What is the International Space Station (ISS)? How did it get there? Visit the Discovery Center on Homeschool Day to find out and learn so much more!
Our focus this month is the history of the ISS and all that has happened this year in space.
Special Guest and Activities include:
- “Space Station Vacation” brought to you by the author herself, Darlina Chambers Eichman! She will also do a Mission Patch activity with the kids. Book signing available too!
- Science On a Sphere® presentation: History of the ISS and 2019 year in review.
- STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) activity: Hour of Code (www.code.org) in our AGI Space Missions Simulation Laboratory.
- Postcards from home: send to the astronauts aboard the ISS in the Education Activity Center!
- Assemble the ISS in the Education Activity Center.
- and so much more
Darlina Chambers Eichman enjoyed her educational career, teaching science for grades K-9, the Space Foundation (under NASA contracts), and technology-based educational corporations.
Today she takes pleasure in writing fiction about characters who have futuristic adventures. Darlina’s published work includes several short stories and her most recent picture book Space Station Vacation.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Dec 4, 2019 at 10:00 am - 04:00 pm (Wed)
4425 Arrowswest Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80907