'I'm Not Afraid of Color'
Cottonwood is pleased to announce our August First Friday opening, “I’m Not Afraid of Color,” new works by Al B Johnson.
Al B Johnson has a background of technical work and engineering which strongly influenced his earlier work as an artist.
While remaining a latter-day expressionist, working with heavy texture and bold composition, his work historically has been object-oriented.
With this newest body of work Johnson has departed from his typical approach to subject matter. Using the same dynamic texture and colors, his work has become abstraction at its finest, alternating joyfully between minimalism and maximalism.
The First Friday Free Shuttle Bus stops at Cottonwood! Find out more at PeakRadar.com/FirstFriday.
Contact: (719) 520-1899
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES *
- Sep 25, 2018 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Tue)
- Sep 26, 2018 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Wed)
- Sep 27, 2018 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Thu)
- Sep 28, 2018 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Fri)
- Sep 29, 2018 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Sat)
- Oct 2, 2018 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Tue)
427 E. Colorado Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
MORE FROM Cottonwood Center for the Arts
Oct 25 - Oct 27, 2018