Zippers...Are Not Really That Intimidating!
Please note, this event has expired.
Advance your sewing skills with knowing how to put in a zipper!
How many ways are there to apply a zipper? Centered, lapped, invisible, hand picked, hand picked and embellished, zippers in knits … these are some of the zipper applications we will cover in this class. The class will do more if time permits. Zippers aren’t really that scary if you have the right tools and use the correct methods.
Student Supply List:
- Sewing machine in good working order, including power cord, general-purpose presser foot, zipper foot, invisible zipper foot if you have one, and sewing machine manual. (Bernina machines are available at Textiles West if you do not want to bring a machine, or if you do not own a machine.)
- All-purpose sewing thread (color is unimportant)
- 5 polyester, all-purpose zippers (length is unimportant, 7″ is sufficient; Wal-Mart has 7″ zippers for $1 each)
- 1 invisible zipper (length is unimportant)
- Fabric scissors
- Seam ripper
- Optional: page protectors for finished samples and instructions, task light for sewing area if desired, surge protector/power cord
- Reading glasses if you need them
This class will introduce you to a new skill, concept or technique and are open to all levels. The student may, however, be required to have a basic skill or have taken a certification class. For example, for a flat-pattern drafting class one need not know anything about flat-pattern drafting but should have a basic understanding of the sewing machine. Any prerequisites will be listed in the class description.
The instructor for this class is Bonnie Gingerich.
6545 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Free public parking available.