What is PeakRadar.com?
PeakRadar.com is the leading online cultural calendar for Colorado’s Pikes Peak region and is the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region’s signature audience development program.
Serving the greater Colorado Springs metropolitan area, including El Paso and Teller counties, the site is a comprehensive arts and culture community events calendar, and effectively operates as a free marketing department for nearly 400 under-resourced local arts & cultural groups across two counties. It has expanded to include original arts coverage and content, cultural guides, five social media platforms, and more.
By the Numbers
Since its launch in June 2007, PeakRadar.com has brought awareness of a vast array of cultural activities to residents and visitors and it continues to grow. In 2019, the site welcomed over 250,000 users, and the site plus its accompanying widgets had more than 1.5 million page views. PeakRadar.com is home to over 3,500 event listings every year, as well as over 400 cultural organization listings, and more than 350 artist profiles.
Peak Radar program components include:
- PeakRadar.com: The online cultural website for the Pikes Peak region lists thousands of local events each year, digital directories listing 360 individual artists, 400 arts organizations, event venues, and the official public art directory for Colorado Springs and the surroundings communities.
- Media Relations: The Peak Radar Manager provides weekly event PSAs to 25 local media outlets and is a regular contributor on radio, TV, and print.
- Five Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Weekly Event Picks E-blast: A weekly eblast highlighting 8-10 upcoming events for 17,000+ local & tourist subscribers. Please click here if you’d like to start receiving the Peak Radar Picks email every week.
- Cultural Guides: Peak Radar’s cultural guides package arts & cultural information into seasonal, engaging topics that are relevant for residents and tourists, digitally and in print.
- Multimedia: The “Peak Radar Live” video series highlights the rich cultural life of the Pikes Peak region. Its audio content is distributed as a podcast, “Peak Radar Live: Later.” Watch on our YouTube channel.
- Office & Arts Info Center: The Cultural Office’s downtown office is a public storefront in the Colorado Springs Downtown Creative District that exhibits local artwork and distributes arts & cultural information. The space is currently closed to due the COVID-19 pandemic.
Want to List an Event?
Location: All events must take place in Southern Colorado’s El Paso or Teller counties.
Lead Time: We request that events be submitted as early as possible prior to the event’s start date. If we receive your event listing less than two weeks in advance, we cannot guarantee that your event will be posted.
Event Types: Only public events may be listed. We do not accept events that are solely retail in purpose, whose purpose is solicitation, or are solely religious or political/partisan in nature. Events posted to Peak Radar should also be leisure time or recreational activities, and have a specific cultural component to them. Events cannot solely be fundraisers. Events cannot solely be networking events. Event eligibility is also evaluated on a case-by-case basis. At this time, we are only able to accept event listings in English.
*PeakRadar.com reserves the right to edit graphic images and submissions for grammar, style, and accuracy, as well as remove any listings or profiles that we believe are not suitable for the site. While the Cultural Office does not believe in censorship, we do reserve the right to edit all submitted content to ensure accuracy and appropriateness for our Peak Radar audiences.
PeakRadar.com is a program of the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region, a nonprofit organization that serves as the officially designated local arts agency for the Pikes Peak region of Colorado. The Cultural Office create strategic partnerships to ensure that the arts – all the arts – are rightfully positioned as vital to economic development, education, civic life and a sustainable future. Our vision is a thriving community united by creativity. Find out more about the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region, please visit: www.CulturalOffice.org.
It’s simple. Through PeakRadar.com, we want all residents and visitors to the Pikes Peak region to experience the area’s diverse cultural offerings. From Broadway shows to cutting-edge original theater, from Prokofiev to punk, from 20th century modernist works to opportunities for hands-on arts experiences, from Olympic sporting events to local heritage experiences, PeakRadar.com is the most comprehensive resource for helping to connect audiences to arts & culture in the Pikes Peak region. Whether you’re heading out on the town tonight, or planning a visit to the Colorado Springs area months from now, PeakRadar.com is your “go-to” online resource!