Meet us in the bar at the Doubletree by Hilton, Colorado Springs!
Time for some seasonal fun! We’ll be exchanging books, having fun with words, and hobnobbing with fabulous wordsmiths like YOU! Crawl out of whatever word mine you’ve been toiling in, brush yourself off, put on some pants (or a skirt or dress, we’re not picky, but don’t forget a shirt), and join us!
Here’s what we need from you:
- Grab a book in new condition you’d like to share.
- Wrap it in some PLAIN paper. Wrap it up in plain brown paper, use a brown paper bag for wrapping paper, whatever. Just make sure it’s P-L-A-I-N and opaque.
- Write the genre on the wrapper.
- Write 3 words that describe said book on the wrapper (no spoilers, no words from the title).
- Bring your notebooks and pens or pencils for the crazy writing activities.
- Bring some funds for drinks and/or food if you want them. This is a Buy Your Own event.
Here’s what we’ll do:
- Provide a venue where you can relax with your fellow wordsmiths who have most likely also been toiling away all year in the word mines.
- Orchestrate fabulous entertainment in the form of FUN stuff to do with words (because let’s face it, we’re all a little obsessed).
- We will, of course, leave plenty of opportunity for some good, old-fashioned chit-chat time. We encourage you to find someone you don’t know. Maybe ask them about what and/or why they write.
Come join the fun!