Kreuser Gallery is proud to present Alvarez Squared in the West Gallery for May 2021!
Chris Alvarez composes his experiences on a square format.
Nationally recognized award winning painter, Chris Alvarez, a New Mexico native, moved to Colorado in 1988. His work is regionally known for depicting romance in the mundane. Chris’ technique and perspective are influenced by the work of Joaquin Sorolla, Ken Auster, Carol Marine, Kim English and David Shevlino. Winner of Plein Air Magazine’s grand prize at Paint Historic Manitou Springs and Best of Show at Victor Celebrates the Arts, Chris also received local recognition in the April 2016 issue Springs Magazine as a person who defines art and culture in Colorado Springs.
The Alvarez Art School opened in 2011. The art education program covers painting, drawing, and seeing techniques; and philosophies of art-making and being an artist. In 2019, The Alvarez Gallery and Art School moved to downtown Colorado Springs, where the program continues to grow. Married, Chris has two children. He enjoys juggling, bird watching, collecting records, close up magic, and the outdoors.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- May 7, 2021 at 05:00 pm - 09:00 pm (Fri)
- May 8, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Sat)
- May 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- May 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Fri)
- May 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Sat)
- May 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- May 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Fri)
- May 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Sat)
- May 27, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- May 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Fri)
Additional time info:
Opening Reception: May 7 from 5-9 p.m.
Artist Talks: May 19 at 5:30 p.m.
125 E. Boulder Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903