Black Cat Disco Ball Virtual Gala
Pull out your polyester Leisure Suits, bell-bottomed jeans, pet rocks, and platform shoes, and jump into our Disco Time Machine, and let’s boogie down fur-da-kitties!
Can you dig it? Join us for an outta sight event for our righteous good cause. Keynote by renowned cat daddy-o Sterling “Trap King” Davis!
The humans had a blast last year at Happy Cats Haven’s Black Cat event, but our feline friends were feeling left out. So thanks to physical distancing, we are bringing the party to them with a virtual Black Cat (disco) Ball that you can attend from the comforts of your own home!
Stellar Silent Auction opens 10/17 at noon! Get stoked for our outta sight silent auction full of hand-crafted goodies, specially curated experiences, and all-around amazing items! Just in time to start shopping for the holidays – buy something for yourself, and then stock up on gifts for your loved ones!
It’s double the gift because you are also helping raise critical resources for the animals and programs of Happy Cats Haven!
Fund-a-need/paddle raise: Do you have a specific part of our rescue work you prefer to support? The fund-a-need section of the silent auction will help you put your donation towards the areas of our work that you are most passionate about!
Love cute kitties? Vote for your favorite 20 cats of 2020 to be our models for an amazing cat-themed coloring book we are putting together!
All auction activities will take place through Bidding Owl. Stay tuned for more information on how to register!
One Groovy Gala Night:
- 6:00 p.m.: VIP EARLY ACCESS – All VIP guests get a 30 minute interactive Q&A session before the event with Happy Cats very own TNR (trap-neuter-return) Cat Commando, Barb Jones, alongside Atlanta based TNR extraordinaire, Sterling “Trap King” Davis!
- 6:30 p.m.: Event Kick Off – Grab your Cool Cats and log on to Zoom (link will be sent to attendees prior to event) for an outta sight night full of righteous good activities! Our Emcee is the always awesome, Emily Roehler, meteorologist from Fox 21 who will be sharing some amazing adoption happy tails!
- 6:45 p.m.: 1970’s themed costume contest – start planning your far out costume now – whether you pull your style from the Brady Bunch, Abba, or Queen…we want to see it all. Entry into the contest is included with your admission ticket to the event! Winning costumes will win a groovy prize – will reveal closer to the event!
- 7:00 p.m.: a special keynote speech by the one and only Trap King! He will be giving a light-heated speech on his motto of “you don’t loose cool points for compassion” and diversity in TNR and how you can gain more cultural competence when you are in neighborhoods that have people who don’t look like you. He also has a history as a musician and will be performing a couple of his songs for us.
- 7:15 p.m.: Pet Rock decorating contest – Find a rock and decorate it (we will have instructional videos leading up to the event) as your BFF Pet Rock! Entry to the contest is included with your admission ticket to the event! Cutest pet rock will win a far out prize – will reveal closer to the event!
- 7:20 p.m.: Paddle Raise / Fund-a-need
Our goal for this gala is to raise funds for our mission and help us continue to care for all the cats and kittens that come through our doors by putting food in the bowls, litter in the boxes, toys in the paws, and a roof over the head of every homeless cat and kitten that comes through our doors.
Base Tickets Levels:
- Level 1 Attendee: Get Your Groove On
- (Stream Event Only) Ticket includes entry to the event, branded Zoom backgrounds, entry into costume contest and pet rock decorating contest, and recipes for cat-themed signature cocktails! This is a great option if you are not local to the Pikes Peak Region of Colorado
- Level 2 Attendee: Boogie Wonderland
- (Full Event Streaming + Black Cat (disco) Ball Swag!) Ticket includes entry to the event, branded Zoom backgrounds, entry into costume contest contest and pet rock decorating contest, entry for door prize drawings, and a branded signature Black Cat (disco) Ball swag bag full of handmade and cat-themed items for you and your felines, cocktail kits with ingredients and instructions to make the cat-themed signature drinks (proof of 21+ required), and charcuterie board of delicious noshies. We will provide contactless delivery of the basket of goodies to you the day of the event! This is for Colorado Springs and surrounding areas only.
- Upgrade to VIP
- Add On to any base ticket (only $25.00)
- Have 30 minutes before the event to talk with Sterling and Happy Cats’ Cat Commando Barb, and learn all about TNR and why you don’t lose cool points for compassion!
- All VIP’s will also receive custom Happy Cats Haven and Black Cat Disco Ball swag mailed to them prior to the event!
All proceeds benefit homeless cats and kittens in the Pikes Peak Region.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Oct 24, 2020 at 06:30 pm - 07:30 pm (Sat)