CALL FOR ARTISTS: Art of Accessibility
Please note, this event has expired.
The Independence Center invites people with disabilities and their community to submit their artwork for possible inclusion in our award-winning “Art of Accessibility” Exhibit on September 6, 2019.
The IC’s “Art of Accessibility” exhibit will be part of the Downtown Partnership’s First Friday Downtown on September 6.
Free and open to the public, First Friday Downtown features new art and special events on the first Friday of every month at dozens of galleries, retailers, and nonprofits throughout downtown Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City, and Manitou Springs.
Deadline for applications is August 17, 2019 at 5 p.m. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Artists will receive:
- Three hours of community exposure at the First Friday Downtown event, including media coverage and involvement, and the choice to sell your art and receive 100% of proceeds.
- Support with designing and setting up your exhibit (3-5 pieces maximum) from experienced artists, including the provision of easels and arrangement.
- The opportunity to be involved in an artist Q&A, Live Art Demonstration, or other exhibit highlight; if interested, please indicate in exhibit proposal.
All applications should include:
- A short biography and headshot (will be used for marketing purposes);
- Between 3-5 pictures of your work. (Artists who are unable to photograph their work can bring their artwork at the The IC on Friday, August 23. Art must be left with Bethany Monk, Development Manager);
- A short proposal for your exhibit (a few sentences describing your art);
- Information on any necessary accommodations.
- Deliver their artwork to The IC on Friday, August 30, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Commit to being available during the following times:
- September 5 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. for exhibit setup and preparation. (Participants do not have to stay the entire time; just the time necessary to set up their own pieces.)
- September 6 from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. for First Friday Downtown Event.
The application form is on page 3 of this document. The completed application form may be submitted by email, mail, or via drop off at The IC:
- Email: Artofaccessibility@the-ic.org
- Mail or drop off completed applications at The Independence Center, Attn: Bethany Monk, 729 South Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
Contact: (719) 471-8181 ext. 222
729 South Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903