Intermediate Figure Drawing Class
Please note, this event has expired.
Join us at Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts to learn figure drawing in this four week class.
The instructor for this class is Mark Dixon.
Join us to learn how to do life drawing from the figure (discreetly clothed).
You will learn:
- How to get a solid foundation in figure drawing
- How to observe closely and capture proportions, shapes, and values accurately
- How to capture the character and attitude of the model
Your goal will be to capture the reality and character of the pose, and to add to the confidence and skill of all in the class.
Student Materials list:
- Drawing tablets with backing board (Meiningers’s has all supplies). Drawing tablets should be 18 x 24, suggesting one newsprint tablet and one with better paper (Strathmore Series 400 is good)
- Charcoal or carbon pencils (not graphite) in hard to soft (B to 8B is suggested). Wolff carbon pencils are what I use with the addition of “General” charcoal pencils in medium and soft. Vine charcoal is not recommended as really accurate values and details are much more difficult to achieve.
- Kneaded erasers, sharpening tool, and sandpaper pad or medium piece of sandpaper
Some experience with figure drawing very helpful but not required. No photos of the model will be permitted.
Several easels will be available, but bring your own if you want. You can also draw from sitting if you wish, chairs available.
There will be an emphasis on one-on-one instruction and help.
304 US-105, Palmer Lake, CO 80133