INTERRUPTED: Chamber Works by Composers Who Perished in the Holocaust
Please note, this event has expired.
A program of stunning, powerful, and some recently published chamber works by composers who perished in the Holocaust including Schulhoff, Ullmann, Smit, Klein, Krása, Simon, Hermann, Haas, Kattenburg, and Schul.
Performers include Susan Grace, Colorado College, the Veronika String Quartet, and the Chamber Orchestra of the Springs Musicians Jacob Klock (violin), Gerald Miller (cello), Allison Gioscia (flute), and Angie Burtz (oboe).
Chamber works for piano, flute, oboe, string quartet, string trio, string duo and piano trio include compositions by:
- Erwin Schulhoff, 1894, Czech Republic — 1942, Wülzburg
- Victor Ullmann, 1898, Poland — 1944, Auschwitz
- Leo Smit, 1900, Netherlands – 1943, Sobibor
- Gideon Klein, 1919, Czech Republic – 1945, Fürstengrube
- Hans Krása, 1899, Czech Republic -1944, Auschwitz
- James Simon, 1880, Germany –1944, Auschwitz
- Paul Hermann, 1902, Hungary – 1944, Drancy
- Pavel Haas, 1899, Czech Republic – 1944, Auschwitz
- Dick Kattenburg, 1919, Netherlands – 1944, Auschwitz
- Zikmund Schul, 1916, Germany – 1944, Theresienstadt
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
A pre-concert talk with Prof. Ofer Ben-Amots begins at 6:40 p.m.
5 W. Cache La Poudre St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
MORE FROM Chamber Orchestra of the Springs
Mar 20, 2020 - Dec 31, 2021