Please Note: This event has expired.
Steele the Show
Steele the Show is a fundraiser benefiting Steele Elementary School.
Steele the Show is a dance competition fundraiser similar in style to ABC’s Dancing with the Stars. The show will be broadcast virtually and will showcase Steele Elementary School staff competing in a thrilling dance competition complete with entertaining judges. The United Steele Workers PTA is proud to be hosting this exciting event produced by Naomi Skee, owner of Dance Wonderland. This high-quality, professional production will include a live, on-air announcement of the winner, voted on by the viewers. We are excited to invite Steele families, friends, alumni, as well as the Old North End and Patty Jewett neighborhoods to this great community event.
The United Steele Workers PTA supports the Steele Elementary School community in several ways, particularly during this unprecedented year for education. Some of the ways in which your generosity helps the PTA to support Steele Elementary include:
- Classroom Support: We support teachers to enrich the learning experience for students by purchasing supplies such as paper, craft kits, books, access to online learning environments, and other educational materials.
- Grants: The PTA offers grants to teachers for professional development.
- Library Support: The PTA provides support to the school to purchase new books for the library and classrooms
- Community Events: The PTA provides several community events throughout the year to strengthen the community at Steele Elementary. During this year of COVID, events have been virtual. A typical year includes Walk/Bike to School Days, Halloween Monster Mash Dance, community movie viewings, Someone Special Dance, and Carnival.
- Focus Day: The PTA sponsors a Focus Day each year, providing a special day of educational enrichment for the whole school centered around a specific theme.
About Steele Elementary School
Steele Elementary School is the local school for the Old North End and Patty Jewett neighborhoods. It was built in 1901 to serve the growing Colorado Springs community. Steele continues to educate generations of families that live, work and play in central Colorado Springs. Currently the school has enrollment of approximately 250 Kindergarten through 5th grade students. Steele prides itself in being a community school with high family involvement and support. Please help us support the future generations of Steele Stars!