Triumph of the Spirit: Beethoven's 250th, Brahms, and Louise Farrenc
The 2019-2020 seasons ends in triumph with four stunning Romantic works including Beethoven, as the world begins to celebrate his’s 250th birthday throughout 2020.
The 2019-2020 seasons ends in triumph with four stunning Romantic works.
Audience favorite Jacob Klock brings his astonishingly diverse talents–even his fiddling!–to an uniquely exciting performance of Brahms’ Violin Concerto, while Mendelssohn’s Second Symphony ends the orchestra’s tour of his symphony cycle.
Under the surface is a second theme–strong women–with the astonishing music of overlooked composer Louise Farrenc and Beethoven’s exciting tale of Leonore, who risked everything to free her husband.
It’s a triumphant finale to an exceptional season.
- Louise Farrenc, Overture No. 2 in E-flat Major, op.24
- Johannes Brahms, Violin Concerto in D Major, op. 77
- Jacob Klock, violin
- Felix Mendelssohn, Symphony No. 2 in B-flat Major, op. 52a (Sinfonia)
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Leonore Overture No. 3, op. 72b
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Apr 18, 2020 at 07:00 pm (Sat)
Additional time info:
Pre-concert lecture 45 minutes prior to each performance.
315 Lake Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80906