The Backyard Market is a farmers market in Colorado Springs with two locations to serve our community: Black Forest and Park Union (downtown COS).
To support a healthier community by providing an opportunity for local farmers, food producers, and artisans to sell their products directly to the consumer in an educational, friendly, and community-oriented environment.
- Support Colorado Farmers and Ranchers.
- Educate the community on local Colorado Agriculture.
- Share our belief that Food Justice is communities exercising their right to grow, sell, and eat healthy food.
- Provide a vehicle to educate the community on nutritional, environmental, and economic value of buying local, sustainably-produced farm products.
- Transition to a Zero Waste Market by 2024.
- Bring together families, neighbors, and local small businesses to create community.
- Establish a vibrant market with unique Artisans, Crafters, and Food Producers that makes our market a destination for tourists and visitors.
- Partner with like-minded local businesses to ensure the continuation of access to our local food systems.