The purpose of the Uplift Foundation is to assist Xi Pi Chapter, Omega Psi Phi in promoting and funding charitable programs and activities in the Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak Region.
The major programs and activities include:
- Uplift Foundation Scholarship Program: This program awards local college-bound high school seniors with a stipend intended to assist with first-year tuition costs.
- African American Health Fair and Charles Drew Blood Drive: This is an annual event established in 2003 that is designed to encourage African Americans to live healthier lives by consciously monitoring their health and diet on a regular basis.
- The local African American Youth Leadership Conference receives both monetary and volunteer support on an annual basis.
- Uplift Foundation Charity Golf Tournament: This is an annual tournament that serves as a major fundraiser and specifically builds funds for the Uplift Foundation Scholarship Program.
- Omega Showboat Talent Extravaganza: This is an annual event that serves as the Foundation’s second major fundraiser, and also provides critical funding for the Scholarship Program.
- Care and Share Food Bank Support: Annually, Xi Pi Chapter members with their families and friends travel to the food bank in December to assist with food sorting and repacking. In addition to the work, the Foundation provides a financial donation to further the organization’s mission.